Mozzarella and Prosciutto Sandwiches with Tapenade
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped anchovy fillet
- 1 teaspoon capers (preferably salt-packed), rinsed, chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
- 1 1/4 cups Niçoise olives, pitted, divided
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil plus additional for brushing and drizzling
- 1 tablespoon (packed) chopped fresh basil plus 24 whole leaves for garnish
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 6-inch-long-pieces ficelle or narrow baguette, split horizontally in half
- 2 8-ounce balls fresh mozzarella cheese, drained, cut into 1/3-inch-thick slices
Combine first 5 ingredients in mortar; mash with pestle to paste. Add 1 cup olives and mash to coarse paste. Chop remaining 1/4 cup olives and stir into mixture. Mix in 1/4 cup olive oil, chopped basil, and lemon juice. Season tapenade with pepper. DO AHEAD Can be made 2 weeks ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
Brush cut sides of ficelle with additional olive oil. Place 1 prosciutto slice on bottom half of each ficelle, then top with mozzarella slices, dividing equally. Spoon tapenade over each. Sprinkle with pepper; drizzle lightly with olive oil. Garnish with basil leaves. Cover with top halves of ficelle.
- One 10-ounce loaf ciabatta, halved horizontally and soft interior removed
- 1/3 cup Pesto for Prosciutto Panini
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 pound Prosciutto de Parma, thinly sliced
- Tapenade for Prosciutto and Pesto Panini, optional
- 1/4 pound fontina cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup baby arugula or basil, optional
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat or a panini press.
Spread one cut side of ciabatta with the pesto and the other with olive oil. Layer one side of ciabatta with prosciutto, tapenade, if desired, red pepper, and arugula or basil, if desired top with cheese. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Top with remaining bread.
Brush top and bottom of the sandwich with olive oil. Place on grill pan and weight top of sandwich with a heavy skillet or a foil-wrapped brick. If using a panini press, grill according to manufacturer's instructions. Grill 3 to 4 minutes on first side, turn, weight down, and continue cooking until sandwich is golden and cheese is melted, 3 to 4 minutes.
14th June 2021
Fracchiata Ingredients for 6 people: Chickpea flour 250 gr cicerchie flour 250 gr 2 liters of water coarse salt. For the dressing Fresh anchovies 200 gr flour fried sweet peppers (to taste) olive oil (for frying). PREPARATION Boil salted water in the pot, then pour a little at a time the two flour stirring constantly […]
Find the most delicious recipes here
For citrus tapenade: Blend olives, capers, oil, all citrus juices, anchovy, and citrus peels in processor to coarse puree. Season tapenade with salt and pepper. Makes 1 cup.
For pesto: Toast walnuts in small skillet over medium heat until golden brown, stirring often. Cool. Puree walnuts, olive oil, Parmesan cheese, and garlic in processor to paste, stopping occasionally to scrape down sides of bowl. Add half of basil leaves puree. Add remaining basil blend until coarse puree forms. Season pesto to taste with salt and pepper.
For sandwiches: Brush 1 side of each bread slice with olive oil. Heat griddle or heavy large skillet over medium-high heat grill bread, oiled side down, until golden brown, about 1 minute. Transfer grilled bread to clean work surface let stand until cool. Turn 4 bread slices over (grilled side down) and spread thin layer of Citrus Tapenade evenly over each. Top with prosciutto slices, then mozzarella cheese slices. Drizzle with pesto. Drizzle 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar over ungrilled side of each of 4 remaining bread slices. Place bread, grilled side up, atop sandwich filling. Cut sandwiches in half and serve.
- 1 loaf of Italian bread or ciabatta
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- olive tapenade
- or basil pesto
- 1/4 pound Genoa salami
- 1/4 pound capocollo
- 1/4 pound sandwich pepperoni
- 3 ounces prosciutto
- 1 (8 ounce) ball fresh mozzarella
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 6 to 8 ounces marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- freshly ground black pepper
- fresh basil leaves
- Cut the loaf of bread horizontally and place both halves onto a few sheets of plastic wrap that is draped over a rimmed metal baking sheet. Doing this before the sandwich is build makes wrapping and transferring it to your fridge a lot easier.
- Drizzle the top half with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- On the bottom half, spread with an even layer of olive tapenade or pesto.
- On top of the tapenade, layer with salami, capocollo, pepperoni, prosciutto and mozzarella.
- Next top with sliced roasted red pepper, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, freshly ground black pepper and basil leaves.
- Replace the top portion of the bread and wrap tightly with plastic wrap.
- Set another rimmed metal baking sheet on top of the wrapped sandwich and weigh it down with a bunch of cans and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Unwrap, slice and serve.
Mozzarella and Prosciutto Sandwiches with Tapenade - Recipes
1 jar – Sutter Buttes Artichoke Parmesan Spread
8 oz – Cream cheese
2 cups – Frozen chopped spinach
½ tsp – Pepper
¼ tsp – Garlic powder
¼ cup – Shredded mozzarella
Preheat oven to 350. In a bowl, mix together Sutter Buttes Artichoke Parmesan Spread, cream cheese, spinach and spices until combined. Pour the dip mixture into an oven safe glass pie plate or 8×8 baking dish. Top the dip with shredded mozzarella and bake for 25 minutes until top starts to brown. Serve with crackers or pretzels.
Cheesy Truffle Risotto
2 Tbsp – Genesis Kitchen White Truffle Olive Oil
1 cup – Onions, chopped
1/2 Tbsp – Garlic, minced
2 cups – Arborio rice
1/4 cup – White wine
4 cups – Chicken stock
¼ cup – Sutter Buttes Parmesan Asiago Tapenade
1/2 tsp – Pepper
1/2 tsp – Salt
1 cup – Heavy cream
Heat olive oil in pan, add onions and garlic to olive oil. Sauté until translucent, about 5-8 minutes. Stir in rice, 2 cups of broth and wine and bring to a low boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes on high until the rice starts to absorb the liquid. After rice has simmered, stir in remaining broth and spices. Stir constantly on medium heat for 10 minutes until rice has absorbed all liquid and is still slightly al dente. Stir in heavy cream and Parmesan Asiago Spread. Cook on low until all liquid has absorbed and cheese has melted. Garnish with additional grated Parmesan cheese to taste.
** Serves 4 **
Fig and Olive Dip
Whip cream cheese until light and fluffy. Blend in tapenade and balsamic until fully incorporated and smooth.
1 – 2 lb. Center-cut beef tenderloin, trimmed
2 tbsp. – Traditional Mustard
1 Jar – Sutter Buttes Porcini & Truffle Tapenade, oil drained and reserved
12 – Thin slices prosciutto
14 oz. – Frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 – Large egg, beaten
Flour, for dusting
Freshly ground black pepper
Tuscan Herb Sea Salt
Season tenderloin generously with salt and pepper. Over high heat, coat bottom of a heavy skillet with reserved truffle oil. Once pan is nearly smoking, sear tenderloin until well-browned on all sides, including the ends, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate, once cooled coat all sides with mustard and place in refrigerator. Place plastic wrap down on a work surface, overlapping so that it’s twice the length and width of the tenderloin. Place overlapping layers of prosciutto on the plastic wrap into a rectangle that’s big enough to cover the whole tenderloin. Spread the drained Porcini and Truffle tapenade evenly and thinly over the prosciutto. Place tenderloin on prepared prosciutto, using the plastic wrap to roll tightly, tucking the ends of the prosciutto as you go. Twist ends of plastic wrap tightly into a log and transfer to fridge to chill. Heat oven to 425°. Lightly flour your work surface, then spread out puff pastry and roll it into a rectangle that will cover the tenderloin. Remove tenderloin from plastic wrap and place on bottom of puff pastry. Brush the other three edges of the pastry with egg wash, then tightly roll beef into pastry. Trim any extra pastry, then crimp edges with a fork to seal well. Wrap roll in plastic wrap to get a really tight cylinder, then chill for 20 minutes. Remove plastic wrap, then transfer roll to a foil-lined baking sheet. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with Tuscan Herb Sea Salt. Bake until pastry is golden and the center registers 120°F for medium-rare, about 40 to 45 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before carving and serving.
Olive and Parmesan Spinach Egg Cups
Preheat oven to 350. Lightly oil the cups of a muffin tin. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and olive oil until fluffy. Stir in tapenade, spinach and spices. Pour egg mixture into prepared muffin tins, filling ¾ cup of the way full. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until eggs are just set. Cool sightly and remove from pan. Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container or zip top bag in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Simple Spaghetti Puttanesca
Sun-Dried Tomato Grilled Cheese
4 slices – Sliced sourdough bread
1 Tbsp – Genesis Kitchen Garlic Herb Olive Oil
¼ lb – Fresh sliced mozzarella
2 Tbsp – Sun-Dried Tomato Tapenade
1 cup – Spinach
Chopped fresh basil
Heat a greased pan. While pan is heating, lightly brush bread slices with olive oil. Place mozzarella slices, 1 tbsp of tapenade and 1/2 cup spinach on one side of the bread. Top with other slice of bread. Repeat for second sandwich. Place sandwiches into heated pan, and cook for 3-4 minutes on each slide, flipping once the bread turns golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Peel the garlic clove and use a sharp knife to roughly chop it. Using the flat side of the knife, press down on to the garlic to work it into a smooth paste.
- Cut the anchovies in to small pieces and chop the olives in half.
- Mix the garlic, anchovies and olives in a small bowl, season with lemon juice and olive oil.
- Chop the cherry tomatoes in half and add to a bowl with a splash of olive oil, lemon zest and pepper.
- Melt the butter in the pan and place bread face down until toasted. Flip over and toast the other side.
- Spread the tapenade on the bread and top with lettuce leaves, sliced mozzarella and cherry tomatoes.
Vegan Supplements: Which Ones Do You Need?
I’m here with a message that, without a doubt, isn’t going to make me the most popular guy at the vegan potluck.
But it’s one I believe is absolutely critical to the long term health of our movement, and that’s why I’m committed to sharing it. Here goes…
Vegans need more than just B12.
Sure, Vitamin B12 might be the only supplement required by vegans in order to survive. But if you’re anything like me, you’re interested in much more than survival — you want to thrive.
Prosciutto Panini with Black Bean Tapenade
Salty prosciutto, savoury roasted vegetables, fresh mozzarella and a black bean tapenade is pressed between whole grain rye bread for a delicious lunch or dinner.
- 1 large red pepper, cut into 1-inch ( 2.5 cm) slices
- ½ sweet onion, quartered
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL) each salt and pepper
- ¼ lb (100 g) thinly sliced prosciutto
- 9 oz ( 250 g ) fresh mozzarella, sliced*
- 8 slices whole grain rye bread
- ½ cup ( 125 mL) canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup ( 125 mL) pitted kalamata olives, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL) parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tbsp ( 7 mL) lemon juice
- ½ tsp ( 2 mL) balsamic vinegar
In a food processor fitted with a metal blade add black beans, olives, parsley, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and balsamic vinegar pulse until finely chopped, but not puréed set aside.
Preheat oven to 375ºF (190 ºC).
In a large bowl, add red peppers, onion, zucchini and olive oil toss to combine. Spread vegetables on a foil-lined baking sheet, season with salt and pepper roast for 15 minutes, or until tender.
Preheat countertop grill or panini press. To assemble, spread four slices of bread with 2 tbsp black bean tapenade. Top with 2 slices of prosciutto, roasted vegetables and 2 slices of mozzarella cheese. Grill sandwiches in panini press, one at a time, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread is golden.
*Mozzarella (52% moisture*, 20% MF)
Keep extra Black Bean Tapenade in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.