Golden Vegetable Soup
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Turmeric is in the spotlight for super immunity foods at the moment, but with its pungent flavor and oftentimes off-putting texture, it can be a hard sell. A rich and creamy Golden Vegetable soup disguises turmeric into a silky puree with Vitamin A-rich sweet potatoes and carrots.
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 large organic carrots, scrubbed clean and chopped
- 1 small green apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup frozen sweet potato chunks
- 32 ounces chicken bone broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- Calories 147
- Fat 2.8g
- Satfat 0.6g
- Monofat 1.5g
- Polyfat 0.5g
- Protein 7g
- Carbohydrate 27g
- Fiber 4g
- Cholesterol 0.3mg
- Iron 1mg
- Sodium 125mg
- Calcium 65mg
- Sugars 12g
How to Make It
In a large, heavy-bottomed pot, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Sweat onions until soft and translucent. Add garlic and ginger- cook until golden and fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add turmeric, cumin, and cayenne (optional) and stir to combine.
Add carrots, apple, and potato chunks to pot. Cover with bone broth and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook 25-30 minutes, or until soft. Use an immersion blender or countertop blender to puree soup until smooth. Stir in lemon juice and divide among bowls.
Swirl in yogurt and top with onions. Dust with more cayenne, if desired.